It's time to hit the woods again. We're going to build a forest track that will be remembered forever! This FoCoX event will be held in beautiful Roosevelt National Forest near Rustic Colorado. Pack your tent and mark July 24th through the 26th on your calendar. Bring beer, marshmallows, and Bigfoot Repellent. This will be a summer event to remember.
- Cost for the event: $20 for both days (Sat/Sun racing)
- Primitive Camping - we're providing nothing
- Temperature gets down to the low 50s - bring jackets
- No water sources
- No electricity (we'll have a generator for charging batteries)
- Nearest cell phone service is at the top of a rock (10min hike)
- All Forest Service restrooms are shut down! Bring shovels and TP
- NO BS - FPV is about fun, peace, love and all that
- Bugs, yes there are bugs in the woods
- We will be observing reasonable COVID precautions
- There is a TOTAL FIRE BAN for these dates and this area - sorry, no fires!
- We will be following all local and state regulations - so will you! (This means no littering or destruction of any sites)
- Official COVID19 policy is at https://focofpv.com/foco-fpv-covid-19-social-distancing-policy/
- If we find someone not following rules, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the event
We are still taking COVID19 very seriously, and will be enforcing some protections in the forest. We'll have an area for campers that want their distance, and an area where we can mingle at will. Other considerations will come into play as needed. Please bring plenty of hand sanitizer and everything else that will help you protect yourself.
We'll likely limit the number of attendees, but we're not sure the number yet. Please be sure to sign up as soon as you can, and to please let us know immediately if you're not going to be able to make it.
This area fills up quickly, and all good spots will be gone by mid-day Friday. We're going to try to "own" an area, and we're sure we can fit everyone in somehow, but it would be best to get there early on Friday. If you have a camper/trailer, I highly recommend you get up there Thursday to get a good spot - we'll be there waiting for you!
The location is down Crown Point Road in Pingree Park. The exact spot: 40.661394, -105.566479 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B039'41.0%22N+105%C2%B033'59.3%22Wemail@example.com,-105.5686677,935m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.661394!4d-105.566479)
This is about 1.5 hours into the mountains from Fort Collins. Take US287 north until you get to SH14 (at Ted's Place); turn left onto SH14 to proceed into the Poudre Canyon. About 26 miles up, near milemarker 96, look for the Pingree Park Rd (63E) turnoff; it crosses a bridge and begins up a dirt road.
About 4.5 miles in, you'll come across a road intersection; take the right turn across a cattle guard. This is Crown point Rd., AKA 139. Continue down this road for about 2.5 miles, and start looking for a NewBeeDrone flag. When you find it, go up the hill (careful!), and we're just up the hill on the right.
Main Event Podium:
- 1st: Ben "SweetFPVName" Hildreth
- 2nd: Antonio "Quonz" Quintana
- 3rd: Byron "Claymore" Thurston